Canada Vice President: Mark Naylor
2014 Annual Conference for EMS Canada
I encourage you to set aside the dates Jan 23-24, 2014 for the next meeting of the Canadian chapter of EMS to be held in Vancouver. These dates are right before MissionsFest and the topic for the EMS meeting is Diaspora Missiology. It will be an excellent opportunity for people to present their research on missions. For those who are professors and instructors, please keep this opportunity in mind for your graduate students. DOWNLOAD PROGRAM BROCHURE OF EMS CANADA CONFERENCE.
Register now using the "buy now" buttons below.
Call for papers for 2014 EMS Canada conference:
We invite the submission of proposals for papers to be presented at the annual meeting. We are looking for high quality papers that focus on “Diaspora Missiology: immigration, urbanization, exploitation and globalization” from a Canadian perspective. Download full details here.
Register for the EMS Canada annual conference and become a Canadian EMS Member
You may register online for the annual conference or for membership fees using the "Buy now" buttons below OR you can pay by cheque as explained below. NOTE that there is a significant discount for those who become members. If you are not a member and wish to become one, choose a 1, 2, or 3 year membership and then return to the site to register for the meeting with the membership rates. There is also an "early-bird" rate for both members and non-members who register before January 1, 2014.
Benefits for EMS Canada members
EMS Canada exists to bring together academics, administrators and practitioners around the concern for missions. In particular it looks to help forge a missiology that addresses the challenge of participating in God’s mission in Canada. Becoming a member of EMS means that you
- are entitled to a reduced fee for the EMS CANADA regional meeting (currently $30 less)
- are entitled to a reduced fee for the NA EMS annual meeting (currently $100 less) held in September
- will receive a copy of the annual EMS publication of papers (the 2012 collection is entitled Missionary Methods)
- are supporting the network of missiological scholars, researchers and practitioners across Canada and provides a venue for sharing research and information
- are helping fund our regional annual meeting in Canada
- ensures that you are included in the Directory of EMS members
- have a valuable addition to your resume
- can use your membership as a tax deduction (professional society membership)
Registrations can also be submitted by cheque or money order (no cash please), made out to
The Evangelical Missiological Society
and mailed to:
Briercrest College and Seminary
510 College Drive
Caronport, SK S0H 0S
For any other comments or queries contact Mark Naylor