2021 CONFERENCE THEME
Communication(s) and Mission
Call for papers due April 30:
Communication is at the core of God’s interaction with humanity because humanity bears God’s image (Imago Dei). Through this communication, we are granted the means to communicate God’s mission to those who do not know Christ as their Savior. Communication and missions is interconnected through a myriad of disciplines and these disciplines allow us to communicate the heartbeat of the Missio Dei. As Black pastors and practitioners, the heartbeat of the Black church resonates through your voices. Communicating your experiences in the Missio Dei is a critical part of the Black church’s participation in mission endeavors.
The Evangelical Missiological Society (EMS) invites you to consider how your background, strengths, and interests might intersect with the theme, and to frame a proposal to present a paper. Possible topics include but are not limited to:
- Analysis of how the Black church communicates the Missio Dei
- Casting a vision for the Black pastor as a missionary mobilizer
- Contributions from theological disciplines (biblical studies, systematic theology, Christian history, homiletics, pastoral theology, missiology, pastoral counseling) that connect communication(s) with mission from the Black experience
- Contemporary challenges relating to mission, articulated from the Black church’s perspective and world view
- Explorations of key (Black) global missiological thinkers and practitioners connecting communication(s) with mission; contextualization is a prime example
- Communication(s) vehicles within mission such as art, music, orality, media, preaching, storying, and social media
- Case studies involving the Black church’s endeavors in mission – how they communicate their experience in mission, including stories of success and failure.
Scholarships for Inaugural Celebration of this track: Conference fees are paid for presenters.
EMS Membership: Opportunities for free membership during this Inaugural Celebration!
Download the poster here: https://tinyurl.com/EMS2021-BlackExperience