2021 NORTH CENTRAL REGIONAL CONFERENCE
Communication(s) and Mission
We’ll have a great time together, with over 30 papers in four tracks. Jay Moon will be our plenary speaker—speaking to us on communication in light of his forthcoming book, Effective Intercultural Evangelism. We’ll also have a track on a new “white paper” produced by Vision 5:9 concerning a new way of defining a “people group” in light of diaspora realities, a crucial discussion which impacts on how we communicate about the unengaged peoples of our world.
Be a part of this exciting day together! The cost is just $20 to register, and only $10 for graduate and undergraduate students, as well as retirees. Register today!
About the Theme
Sample Papers for the 2021 Event
- “Applying Peace-building Communication Strategies in Mission Activities”
- “Understanding Arts as Language”
- “The Body Tells the Tale: Communicating the Gospel through the Reconciled Local Church”
- They Will Know We Are Christians by our Scars: The Preacher’s Body in Pauline Missiology”
- “Medium is the Message: Communication and Mission”
- “Communicating the Gospel Transculturally in Pluralistic, Postmodern and Post-Pandemic Contexts”
- “Reframing Discipleship at the Rise of Digital Movement”
To propose a paper, send a topic title and 200-300 word abstract to your North Central regional EMS Vice President, Larry W. Caldwell, at email@example.com .
You will be notified about whether or not your proposal has been accepted by January 29, 2021. Please include your name, title, and contact information as you would want it to appear in the conference materials. Selected papers will be presented virtually on March 20, 2021. More details concerning to the specifics of the virtual presentations will be sent to paper presenters in February.
Strong papers from the Regions are forwarded to the national program committee for consideration for presentation at the National Conference meeting, with the strongest papers being published in our annual volume. The National Conference will be held in Dallas from September 17-19, 2021. Plenary speakers include:
- Theon Hill (Associate Professor of Communication, Wheaton College)
- Joy Kim (Ethnodoxologist, Proskuneo Ministries)
- Jared Alcántara (Associate Professor of Preaching, George W. Truett Theological Seminary at Baylor University)
Leading worship: Winfield Bevins (Director of Church Planting, Asbury Theological Seminary)
2021 Annual EMS National Conference meeting chairs and editors:
Dr. Sue Russell (Asbury Seminary)
Dr. Rochelle Scheuermann (Wheaton College)
Dr. Scott Moreau (Wheaton College)
Dr. Marcus Dean (Houghton College)